How your pediatrician in Falls Church, VA, can help you with breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is important for many reasons, but what if you are having problems with lactation or breastfeeding? Did you know your pediatrician can help provide lactation support? It's true, in fact, your pediatrician is an expert at treating children, and new mothers too. Dr. Maria Sacoto at Sacoto Pediatrics in Falls Church, VA, provides comprehensive pediatric medical care, including tips on lactation and breastfeeding.
Breastfeeding is important for many reasons:
- It provides nutrients and vitamins in just the right amounts for your baby
- It boosts your baby’s immune system by providing antibodies to you
- Breast milk is easier to digest than formula
- Breast milk is always at the perfect temperature
- Breast milk requires no preparation
- It helps you and your baby bond together
- It helps you lose the extra weight you may have gained while pregnant
But what if you are having trouble with lactation and breastfeeding? You can talk to your pediatrician about counseling and support for lactation and breastfeeding.
You can also:
Check out the many resources available for help with breastfeeding by clicking here.
Talk with a lactation consultant, who can help with:
- Insufficient milk production
- Pain occurs when you are breastfeeding
- Sore nipples from breastfeeding
- Your baby not latching on to your breast
Remember to sit in a comfortable chair in quiet, peaceful surroundings while you breastfeed. Support your breasts while you breastfeed, so that you and your baby are both relaxed and at ease.
Being a mother is the most important job there is, and one of the most important parts of motherhood is breastfeeding. If you are having difficulty with any part of breastfeeding, you can benefit from seeing a lactation support specialist and your pediatrician.
To learn more about lactation support and breastfeeding, call Dr. Maria Sacoto at Sacoto Pediatrics in Falls Church, VA. You can reach her in the office by calling (703) 820-1951, so call today.